The principle behind these rules is one of reasonableness and common sense, to ensure the safety and well-being of all pupils and the smooth running of the School.
Good order and discipline are essential to the provision of a high standard of education. Effective teaching and learning can only take place in a well ordered environment. The policy seeks to promote positive behaviour and:
- Provide students with a safe and orderly learning environment to assist them in achieving their full potential
- Provide staff with an environment free from disruption
- To promote good behaviour and discipline
- To promote self-esteem, self-discipline, an appreciation of the consequences of their actions, proper regard for authority and positive relationships based on mutual respect
- To ensure fairness of treatment for all
- To promote early intervention to ensure students have the opportunity to achieve their potential
- To provide a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- To empower staff to teach and manage student behaviour effectively and consistently
- To encourage a positive relationship with parents/carers and involve them in the implementation of the policy
To achieve high standards of behaviour
The School prides itself on being a well ordered school. We pay particular attention to the development of self-discipline, responsibility and courtesy. Our School Rules are relatively few in number but are implemented fairly and without favour.